Product Manager, Conversational AI for Learning | Curio
We are building a revolutionary learning experience with the aim that no kid in the world should lack foundational skills. As Product Manager at saal.ai, you will play a critical role in the success of our learning app by focusing on conversational interfaces and experiences for learning purposes.
You will work with a team of passionate AI and machine learning developers. You are expected to be a self-starter who manages the entire lifecycle for your product but will also collaborate with other teams across saal.ai.
This role requires a strategic thinker. You have a two years view of where you want the technologies to end up but balance it with what the team needs to deliver in the short- and mid-term. You should be curious and adaptable -- as this is an evolving space, things change quickly -- and above all, you should love the transforming power of education and the promise of technology to redefine how kids learn. Finally, we expect you to be authentic and accountable: work hard, be committed to excellence, and deliver results.
You will be responsible for executing the day-to-day tasks of product operations, communicate business objectives as a product owner in an Agile team, including writing, refining, planning and reviewing user stories and tasks, and assist the Product & Design team in defining strategy and planning the Roadmap.
* Own the product vision; demonstrate technical acumen in developing 'MVP Tests' to prove (or disprove) your product hypothesis
* Lead and work closely with UX and UI designers and researchers to deliver an amazing user experience that keeps students coming back
* Passionate evangelist of products and advocate for the end user; cultivate close relationships with customers and bring their needs into product planning
* Inspire and work closely with R&D to prioritize new product features based on market requirements, available resources, and product release cycle timelines.
* Manage partner relationships; Analyze and make recommendations regarding potential partner relationships; Knowledge of competitive portfolio products
* Provide technical content for marketing materials and develop strong product positioning and competitive differentiation messages
* Support and represent saal.ai at trade shows, conferences, and other industry events
* Provide support for strategic sales opportunities as needed
* Coordinate with various global virtual teams and build alignment across cross-functional teams
* Other duties as directed
* Master's or PhD degree, preferably in cognitive science, computer science, linguistics, psychology, statistics, or a related quantitative discipline.
* 2+ years' experience in direct product management / development owning a directly relevant product or one related to machine learning or natural language processing applied to consumer web, cloud/IoT or mobile domains
* Entrepreneurial and experienced in working with resource constrained teams to deliver outstanding successes
* Strong background in two or more areas: conversational interfaces, natural language processing (NLP), enterprise search / question answering, speech-to-text, machine learning, data analytics, artificial intelligence (AI)
* Solid understanding of the chatbot/IVR landscape
* Familiarity with one or more Open Source Platforms/Frameworks: Neural networks (Tensorflow, Theano, Pytorch), Search (Lucene, Elastic Search), Web applications (Django, node.js)
* Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field with an additional 5 years of stated essential qualifications.
* Excellent understanding of product management and related marketing methodologies.
* Superior project management, organizational, and analytical problem solving skills
* Ability to translate complex technical and business information for diverse audiences. Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to details, proactive self-starter.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and negotiation skills